AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope some one can help me on this. I started to see a hint of blue in the upper left of my screen. I had a back up bulb thinking that was it (Bulb had over 2000 hrs). I still have the blue in the top left. Anyone have any ideas whats happening. The projecter has run perfect for 2.5 years.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have the 510 but have never seen that problem on it. I did have a discolorization problem with my old Sony VPL400 lcd and had to replace the blue polariser plate. If I recall correctly, it was a blue tinge on the outer edge of the picture.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassGT /forum/post/14185278

Hope some one can help me on this. I started to see a hint of blue in the upper left of my screen. I had a back up bulb thinking that was it (Bulb had over 2000 hrs). I still have the blue in the top left. Anyone have any ideas whats happening. The projecter has run perfect for 2.5 years.

Is it on the extreme edge, or within the image portion?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's on the upper left corner. I thought it might be the bulb so I replaced it but it did not help. It with in the image and it runs from the left edge about a third of the 106" screen.

·
Banned
496 Posts
This problem typically requires a new optical engine to solve the problem. Your unit is out of warranty, but you may be able receive some sort of accommodation from Yamaha. The engine is very expensive.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here, but I had the same problem, was given the same answer (new optical engine to the tune of $1,700). Ridiculous. All it probably is is the blue polarizer. Mine went bad in less than 2500 hours viewing. Considering what I paid for it, I was extremely unhappy. Ended up buying a Pioneer PRO-FPJ1 and giving the LPX away to a friend. Maybe he can locate a blue polarizer for it.

BTW, I completely disassembled mine, including the optical engine. Pretty cool stuff - should have taken pix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts