AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not use the MyHD MDP120 card for about three months (was happy with Comcast DVR). Some things have changed in the system in that time period (e.g. new windows patches, new NVIDIA display driver, a new usb sound card etc. - I don't have a list of all the specifics). Yesterday, I tried the myHD card, it shows solid signal strength of 95% or more, but no picture. All I get is a green and magenta step pattern while in windowed mode and a blank screen in HD fullscreen mode. The OSD comes in clear in windowed mode but absolutely no video or OSD in HD mode. I re-seated the card and the daughter board and uninstalled and re-installed the latest driver (1.65) and applications with no luck. I am connecting MyHD with the DVI daughter card in a single monitor configuration. I get clear sound on all the channles. The PC desktop (passthrough) shows no problem either. Please help...

I have a decent system

k8n-e deluxe mobo

Athlon 64 3500+

1 GB Ram

NVIDIA 6600GT Video Card.

Sony CRT HDTV connected over DVI 1920x1080

MCE 2005

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the following cards in the system

1. MyHD MDP120 with the daugter card

2. Fusion 3 Gold QAM

3. Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE.

4. USB sound card

All have latest drivers. Looks like "Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE" is creating some sort of conflict with MyHD. When I disable Hauppauge, MyHD works fine, but that is not an option for me since I run MCE 2005 which requires the card. I could not find any IRQ conflict. I tried moving cards to different slots but no luck.

Anybody has any ideas?

The MyHD card is fairly new (bought in January from Digital Connection) . Anybody knows what kind of warranty the card has? Should I try replacing it?

Cliff?

·
Registered
12,226 Posts
If it works OK without the PVR 150 installed, I doubt very much that the MDP is bad. Your guess re. resource conflicts is probably right. Does it also work if you pull the Fusion card only? Have you set the AGP aperture to at least the size of your video RAM?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson
If it works OK without the PVR 150 installed, I doubt very much that the MDP is bad. Your guess re. resource conflicts is probably right. Does it also work if you pull the Fusion card only? Have you set the AGP aperture to at least the size of your video RAM?
Thanks

I will try without the fusion card. AGP aperture is set to max. Now, if indeed it works with the fusion card disabled, what would be my options? It all was working before with all the three cards. So, it is pretty weird.

·
Registered
12,226 Posts
As you said, "something" changed, but if the MDP works in a simple config. the thing that changed wasn't it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.