AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have an old LN46A580 Samsung TV that works great, except in the top left and looks to also be top right, there is a hot spot on the screen from the backlight Im assuming. Its really noticeable when the TV is dark/black, but can be seen with normal viewing too. Is there a fix for this? Any idea on where to point me to look into this more so I can read about what it is actually?

Thanks.

edited: I think it may be called clouding? Image below. THe top left spot is noticeable when viewing TV etc, I adjusted the backlight and its still visible, albeit not as much but its still there.

I just looked at it with the TV on and the receiver on an HDMI setting for PS3,( it was off at the time). If I go to say the TV input on the TV itself, and the cable box is off ( alsong with the receiver) , I dont get the clouding etc. I dont even know how to really test for it, but I also didnt realize it was that bad... I noticed it when I was watching a video via Netflix last night. But the image posted here shows it much worse.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
These spots in the upper corners are a LCd problem. When i bought my 40, 40+ inch sony's i was told, by sony, that it was normal on larger sized LCd TVs. Most people do not watch in the dark so they will not notice it. And they do not calibrate their TV on a pro level because of that they can make the imago darker than it should be. Over the years manufacturers reduced the problem so it is more difficult to notice.

They couldn't get the layers fully flat, and they probably still can't, that is why you see these spots in the corners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts