AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 605 hooked up to a Dell W3000 30" LCD (hoping to replace the POS real soon!) through component cables since the W3000 has no HDMI ports. The problem I am having is a loss of video signal at random times. Usually when I first turn everything on, I have to literally hit the receiver either on the top or the side of the unit to make the picture come up on the tv. Other times the tv will just lose the video signal in the middle of watching something, and again I have to basically beat the receiver to make the signal come back.

Could this be an issue with the length/quality of the component cables? I have the cable box hooked into the receiver via components, then the receiver hooked to the tv also with components... if that helps at all. I also lose the video signal if the screen becomes too bright, like when the camera follows a golf shot through the sky, or a commercial has a really bright white background. The picture comes back as soon as the screen darkens though.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Do you have the same problems when you connect the cable box directly to the TV? If so, then that would indicate it's not necessarily the AVR. You'll need to try different combinations to debug the problem (e.g.: cable box to different TV - still using component cables; different component cables; etc...).

While not impossible, it's unusual for component cables to have problems - they're quite reliable in most cases. By the way, you didn't mention the lenght that you're using.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did hook up the cable box directly to the tv and had no problems. The cables are 10 ft. each and are they were provided by the cable company. Is it possible that they are too long?

Also, these are the second set of cables that I am using. The originals were also a different brand, and looked to be of a lesser quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts