AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, im a newbee here

have been an avid reader for ages and my knowledge on AV products has been boosted heaps all because of you

anyway, i have just acquired myself a NEW but old stock ae900 about 1.5 months ago. starting 2 weeks ago, it has been developing a problem. somehow, it is ghosting(?) now, in all movies, regardless burnt or original dvds. it's not the same ghosting like on the old crt tv when you had bad reception, it's more like when you set-up your mouse you can set it up to leave (shadow) trails, it's like that.

the most noticable is when it's on fast motion scenes.

the projector has only done 70 hours max so far and it wasn't like this the first time i used it, it was perfect, picture was spot on, no motion lag, no ghosting/trails. all the equipment stays the same, nothing changed. i have replaced the DVI cable with the HDMI adaptor with brand new, thinking the previous cable and adaptor was the guilty party, but no. it's still the same, ghosting and a bit of motion lag. have tried to run it via power filter/conditioner, and still no good. check the DVI cable and it's not anywhere close to power cable (wouldn't matter anyway since my DVI cable is fully shielded with gold plated ends).

dvd player is oppo 971 and it's connected direct to the projector (via 10m DVI cable), not going through the receiver.

i'm stuck now.. i can't think of anything else..

i would really REALLY appreciate any help..

thanks

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Sounds like motion lag/motion blur.

Someone that has that PJ will pipe in here, hopefully it's a setting you shouldn't have on, or something like that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's weird that i haven't actually touched any of the settings since i installed it (apart from the fan setting changed from low to high and a bit of change in contrast, color and brightness).

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have the 900u and have never experienced what you are posting here, sounds like it might be the dvd player? try using a different video player,

also try swithing the settings on either the player or the projector to film mode and see if it alleviates the probelm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.