Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else have had problems viewing DVDs with their Panny E80. The movie would freeze for about 15 seconds after 1 hr and 20 mins into the movie. This has happened with 50% of the rentals that i have watched. My Apex DVD player plays the DVDs without interuption.

Is it the quality of the DVD rentals or my player that is giving me the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
That is around the time when the DVD player switches from the first to the second layer of two layer commercial disks. There is always a slight pause, my E80 hesitates for about a second. 15 seconds is too much time. If it happens on all disks would get it repaired, if it happenns on one disk, you have a bad disk.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I find that the Pannys are very picky with rentals (or scratched disks in general). I have 2 Panny players and 2 recorders and they all have issues with rentals (even after cleaning the disks). My XBox usually plays the bad disks without issue.

One thing I haven't tried yet is cleaning the lens on the Pannys to see if it reduces the problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.