AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if it is truly a problem or not, but it sure is irritating.

When ever text appears in the tv picture, NTSC or HD, the overall picture brightness changes; the picture gets darker. Then when the text disappears, the picture gets lighter. It is not a lot, but enough to be distracting.

I do not remember if it always did it, or when it may have started...

The same thing also happens with various scene changes. But I know if I try to talk to some one about the scene changes they will say it is happening in the content, but it is not!

Could this be a power supply problem? Anyone else experience this with their Elite?

Thanks

Eki

·
Registered
26 Posts
Perhaps you have the "auto brightness" control turned on. This feature adjusts the brightness based on current lighting conditions using a sensor on the front panel near the power switch. It may be a long shot, but it could be that the bright light from the text is activating the sensor. It is recommend that you turn this feature off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh -- I did not even remember that that option existed! I will have to RTFM and figure out how to turn it off!

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup -- found it. But it was already OFF. So, I turned it ON. I have not had a chance to see if it made a difference yet... will try to see that tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.