AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this morning, my Pioneer VSX-1020 no longer reponds to the remote control.

I have only had it for a month and it has always worked flawlessly until today.

I hit Power (to power off) and it switches Multizone ON. I hit power again and it switches multizone off.

I don't have any multizone hardware by the way and have never used this feature. When I hit power yesterday, the main/ONLY zone would come on with the source selected that was last used (Blu Ray or CABLE/HDMI2).

None of the other remote commands work (volume up or down, input select, etc.) at all. I have to switch sources manually with the rotary knob.

The little red light on the remote comes on when I push the power button, so the batteries appear OK.

Any input / suggestion?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reviving this very old thread with the same problem.

After 2 years working using this unit OK, I have the exactly the same problem now.

Changed batteries on the control, performed a reset of the receiver (turn on while pressing enter on the receiver) and nothing.

The original remote control have been in a drawer for more than 2 years because I'm using another remote control for all the home theater.

Now I need the control to make changes on the receiver and is not working.

Any help? T.I.A.

·
Registered
3 Posts
nah.... found it

Tried this first and didn't work
Operating multiple receivers (p.76)

Up to four receivers can be operated discretely using this receiver's remote control when using multiple receivers, provided they are this receiver models. The receiver to be operated is switched by inputting the preset code to set the remote control setting.

• Set the remote modes on the receivers before using this function (see Remote Control Mode Setup on page 106).

1 Press and hold the R.SETUP, press “4” for three seconds.

The LED flashes continuously.

• To cancel the preset setup mode press R.SETUP.

2 Press the number button for the receiver (“Receiver 1” to “Receiver 4”) you wish to operate.

For example, to operate “Receiver 2”, press “2”.

If the LED lights for one second, the setting has been successfully completed.

When the preset code is input, the LED flashes three times to indicate that the setting has failed.

Then, tried this and it worked for me.
Resetting the remote control presets (p.82)

This will erase all preset remote control preset codes and programmed buttons.1

1 Press and hold the R.SETUP, press “0” for three seconds.

The LED flashes continuously.

2 Press and hold the ENTER button for three seconds.

If the LED lights for one second, the erasing has been successfully completed.

Yes, everything is on the freaking manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.