AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Panasonic RP91 (which replaced an old Sony DVD player) and connected it to my Pioneer 503 plasma TV (which I have had for several months). Both of these units were purchased largely based upon the reviews I read on the AVS Forum. Everything works fine, except that when I try to output the video in progressive form the image shrinks to 1/5 the size of the TV screen and the color goes green. The RP91 manual says that the progressive output will be displayed properly ONLY if my TV is compatible with the RP91's copy guard system. Is the 503 not compatible with the RP91 or is there a simple fix to this problem? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
21,492 Posts
some have reported problems like this but most of us have no problems displaying 480p from a Panasonic progressive player:

-copy guard is not an issue

-do you have 5002 card?

-what input are you using on the 503?

-if input 2, check in the menu /setup /video signal set to component

-press display on Pio remote and let us know what it shows

-check connections/cabling

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 5002 card and am currently using input 1 (set to component) for the RP91. However, I have also tried this on input 2 (set to component) with the same terrible result. The connections all seem proper (and the set up works fine when I use the interlaced output). One thing to note is that when I hit 'display' of the TV remote, the TV shows "DOT BY DOT" at the bottom of the screen.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
21,492 Posts
you should see 480p/525p on the TV display

you should see wide or full (rather than dot by dot)

have you tried screen size button on remote?

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By changing the screen size to Full, I have been able to get the progressive image to fill the screen, but the progressive image is still green. In addition, when I hit Display while receiving a progressive image "640x480" appears (whereas when I hit Display while receiving an interlaced image "525i" appears).

Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark, I have finally figured this out. For some reason when I ****ched to the progressive image the 503 automatically switched its input setting to VGA (this was causing the green screen). Once I switched this input setting back to Video the picture was perfect. Thank you for all of your help today.

Matt

:) :) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.