AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with thier remote?

Mine very frequently stops responding. Also, some times as you are channel surfing, the channels will just start scrolling very quickly and out of control. The only way to stop it is to power off at the STB. The buttons on the STB seem to function fine.

The problem may not be with the remote, however, as it always restores to normal when you power off at the STB.

This problem is very frequent. Id say 60% to 70%.

------------------

Mark A. Torre

NEC XG-8"CRT PJ, HTPC, HDTV and loving it! The Torre Home Theater

·
Registered
730 Posts
Perhaps you have a neighbor with a model 6000? You could try changing the code.

The UHF remote is a double-edge sword . . . it is great because it works pretty far and though walls . . . . but it is not so great if your neighbor has one too.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
My AUX function quit working, so I can't use it to control my receiver's volume anymore.

------------------

"I want my HDTV Set!"

·
Registered
830 Posts
Mark,

The only time I have had a problem similar to yours is when watching an OTA digital broadcast plagued with reception problems. In this instance, the receiver will occasionally lock up, either with a blank screen or with a freeze frame of the program, and fail to respond to the remote. When this happens, pressing and holding the front panel power button will usually initiate a reboot, after which the remote will function again.

When watching a satellite source, or an OTA source that is coming in without difficulty, the remote functions flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
No problems, but I did have to deconflict unit ID with 4900 (by detaching the antenna on the latter because I was in an endless loop of reprogramming the unit IDs).

Codes work great in a Pronto.

Remote unfortunately does not have my Denon code.

Tim

·
Registered
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rudolpht:
No problems, but I did have to deconflict unit ID with 4900 (by detaching the antenna on the latter because I was in an endless loop of reprogramming the unit IDs).
I don't get it. In order to change the remote code, one needs to remove the smartcard from the receiver to be reprogrammed. If the smartcard is still inserted in the other (4900), it should not be affected by the unit number change, even if the two receivers are sitting side-by-side with their antennas attached.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BenBroder:
I don't get it. In order to change the remote code, one needs to remove the smartcard from the receiver to be reprogrammed. If the smartcard is still inserted in the other (4900), it should not be affected by the unit number change, even if the two receivers are sitting side-by-side with their antennas attached.
I've changed the codes in a number of units and I've never had to remove the card. Just make sure the units you don't want to change are turned off. You may need to be at the screen that shows the receiver's code to change that code, but I'm not completely sure about this.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you to all who responded, but all the suggestions are dead ends. I attract defective stuff like a magnet so I'm pretty sure that this unit (6 weeks old) is defective too.

------------------

Mark A. Torre

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have also had intermittent problems with my new 6000 remote, it would lose the other devices codes (ie TV, VCR and AUX). I replaced the batteries and it seems to have fixed it. Maybe the IR requires more juice?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David B2 MI:
I have also had intermittent problems with my new 6000 remote, it would lose the other devices codes (ie TV, VCR and AUX). I replaced the batteries and it seems to have fixed it. Maybe the IR requires more juice?
One bad thing about that UHF remote is that it seems to chew up batteries faster than IR remotes. I wish they made it use AA batteries that would last a little longer and you can find them on sale easier. I have also had it lose codes.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Initially, I did suspect batteries.

New ones made no difference.

------------------

Mark A. Torre

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.