AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung TXN2730F (it is a 27" grey flat glass CRT) that is about 4 years old. I recently tried to get a remote for it after not having one for about 2 years. I purchased two universal remotes (a phillips and one made by direct tv) and meticulously tried every programming code for each to no avail.

I then bucked up and tried to get the original manufacturer's remote for it and recieved a very similar one but not the EXACT same one, this one is bulkier and has more options. I didnt do anythign to program it because it said that it would automatically work upon arrival.

I just got back from trying another universal made by radioshack that has not worked. Luckily so far I have been able to return all but one (got it on amazon...) I guess I need to send the quasi-manufacturers one back

What is going on? Do I need to program teh quasi-manufactures remote or EXACT manufacturer's remote when I get them? Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Try the Direct View forum... we're projectionists hereabouts...

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
CHances are the IR receiver in the TV is bad and the set needs to go in for service.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
All I can say about samsung is they can be a pain to program.

Well their DVD players are almost impossible to program into Theater Master remotes. I have really had no problems with getting tv codes to work relitively easy.

I think the direct TV remote has samsung codes that work......But yea if the IR receiver in the set is bad nothings gonna work...you already knew that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.