AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Time Warner to hook up my cable today, and I'm having problems with my ReplayTV. If the ReplayTV is turned on, all I see are fuzzy grey lines. If the ReplayTV is turned off, the cable works fine through channel 3.

One possibility is that I still have my ReplayTV set for Adelphia's cable network (that was my cable provider back at home, I moved and changed to Time Warner)

The problem is though, that when I turn on the ReplayTV and go to input on the TV, after the ReplayTV logos are done loading, the unit locks up. I can't press Menu to change anything, or do anything with the unit. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Might be a little drastic, but if there's nothing on the unit you want to save... you could try a Factory Reset.

The code is: 283-Zones

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 things:

There are things on the unit I want to save

and

The unit locks up completely after going through its startup cycle. It gets to the screen that says "Press Channel Guide to watch TV, Press Replay Guide for recorded shows " etc. screen, then I can't do anything. I press buttons and the unit does not respond. Pressing the power button on the unit also does nothing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope but I will give that a try. The unit seems to work just fine as it goes through its boot up routine with all the ReplayTV logo screens, but once it gets to the point where you can press buttons and do anything, its just locked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Xab

Unplug all the cables from Replay (every cable). After you are done, press the power button on the unit at least 10 times. Leave it unplugged for 15 minutes. Plug only the power cable, leave it as it is for 5 minutes. Then plug in rest of the cables. The next thing would be to come to this screen and thank me.:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem seemed to be fixed with the Ethernet after I established a connection. Thanks for the tips!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.