AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this TV on craigslist, it is very cheap because there is an issue with it.. I haven't bought it but I'm wondering if anyone has some insight to the problem or if they know how much I should expect to pay to have it fixed.

The seller says when he turns the TV on everything works fine for about 30 minutes and then the screen just goes black, he mentions the bulb is almost brand new so that shouldn't be the issue..

The TV appears to be in great condition and I would like to take a chance on it but it's about an hour away from me and I don't really want to end up spending more to fix it than if I bought it new

Thanks ahead of time for any help

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Since it is a 720p DLP the owner should be happy to give it to you get rid of it since it has a problem which could costs hundreds of $ to repair and after that it could fail again and cost you more money to fix since it has no warranty.

You can buy a brand new 50" full HD 1080p HDTV complete with warranty for about $1k.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Could be the Digital board which is like $250. But should be diagnosed by a tech.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad /forum/post/17045465

Could be the ballast.

Ya, depends if the lamp stays lit while the picture goes "black". Also does Tv shutdown? or stop responding to remote commands? or happens on all inputs? or can/cannot see Tv menus? Lots of possibilities...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts