AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems getting dvds to load. The discs spin, stop, spin, stop, etc, and the screen and lcd just show "loading" for a long time. It's happened to a wide range of dvds.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

· Registered
166 Posts
I had that problem on a two year old Panasonic RP-56. At first it helped if I unplugged the unit for half an hour, but eventually it stopped responding to all button presses after the DVD was inside the player and was being loaded. It was a great player when it was operational, but rather than spend money to fix it, I just bought the HD-931 to have full 720p upconversion.

Now, about six months later, I own the Denon 2910 because of the lip sync problem on the 931 (but that's for another thread). I've only had the 2910 a day, but my initial impression is that it outperforms the 931 by a wide margin on audio, and to a lesser (but still noticeable) extent it outperforms on video as well.

Don't know how to fix your problem, but it sounds like you now have the perfect excuse to upgrade your DVD player!

Good luck...

-Corey

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the suggestions. I've been reading the 1910/2910/3910 comparison threads, and it does sound like the 2910 is in the sweet spot. Unfortunately, I wasn' t planning on a new $600+ player at the moment:)

ah well, it's still fun to window shop.

· Registered
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by demana
I'm having problems getting dvds to load. The discs spin, stop, spin, stop, etc, and the screen and lcd just show "loading" for a long time. It's happened to a wide range of dvds.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?
I had exactly the same problem after about 10 months. I sent mine in and they sent me a refurb which does not have the problem.

Hopefully I can get another year out of it.

· Registered
124 Posts
Have any of you heard anything about the release date of the Samsung HD DVD941? I thought it would be on the market already but I can't find it. As I wait for a reply, I am going to check out some of the Denon reviews.

· Registered
517 Posts
I had this unit......

Try cleaning the laser with a dry/wet disc, and make sure all of your CD's are free from fingerprints.

A dirty lens can be one cause to the problem your describing.

The dry cleaning disc is sometimes not enough to do the job.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.