AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been looking for quite a while for a large set for my wall. I had an 84" LG and just couldn't live with the issues.

So, today I spent a lot of time with the 65JS9500 from Samsung and it is a Winner of a set. There is a 78" set coming soon, so it would be PERFECT - or so I thought.

Just as an aside, the salesman who had set it up remarked to another salesman, "I don't know why they did that. The One Connect cable for the previous unit was so much longer." I inquired. The previous one was just a tad longer than 10' - the new one is less than 6'.

There is no way I can make this work. The wall is done and there is conduit run through it from the back of the TV to the rack below. 6' will not work. I need something between 10' and 12' in order for this to be possible.

Does anyone know if Samsung sells a longer cable? Will the cable from the previous unit HU9000 work?

Samsung's tech support is horrible! I could get no information from them. When asked, I got the information on a ribbon cable used internally on the set - 100mm long. He told me I did not need a cable to connect that HDMI was sufficient. This was in on-line chat. I then tried to call, but gave up after listening to a recorded message on loop for more than half an hour.

Then it dawned on me! If anyone could answer my question - it would be the kind folks of AVS Forum!

Help! Please!

·
Registered
17,113 Posts
So, I've been looking for quite a while for a large set for my wall. I had an 84" LG and just couldn't live with the issues.

So, today I spent a lot of time with the 65JS9500 from Samsung and it is a Winner of a set. There is a 78" set coming soon, so it would be PERFECT - or so I thought.

Just as an aside, the salesman who had set it up remarked to another salesman, "I don't know why they did that. The One Connect cable for the previous unit was so much longer." I inquired. The previous one was just a tad longer than 10' - the new one is less than 6'.

There is no way I can make this work. The wall is done and there is conduit run through it from the back of the TV to the rack below. 6' will not work. I need something between 10' and 12' in order for this to be possible.

Does anyone know if Samsung sells a longer cable? Will the cable from the previous unit HU9000 work?

Samsung's tech support is horrible! I could get no information from them. When asked, I got the information on a ribbon cable used internally on the set - 100mm long. He told me I did not need a cable to connect that HDMI was sufficient. This was in on-line chat. I then tried to call, but gave up after listening to a recorded message on loop for more than half an hour.

Then it dawned on me! If anyone could answer my question - it would be the kind folks of AVS Forum!

Help! Please!
from what mark fitsgerald in the js9500 thread said, i believe the cords are different on the HU9000 than this years JS series. i was under the impression that the OCB mini had a short cable and the OCB full still comes with the 10foot cord? you might wanna double check that!

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
That's odd, because the Specifications Sheet for the 65JS9500 OCB states that it has a proprietary 10' Cable at Crutchfield. Ask a new owner in their thread to confirm.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I helped unbox the Best Buy store unit. 6' Cord.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
i know you need to know faster but if you can wait till friday ill psychically measure the cable for you as im off tomorrow

and if not ill try the cable from an old unit in it

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can wait as it is probably a month until I can get the 78" (yes an 88" is also coming, but the price is almost twice the 78")

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts