AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here and thought i'd seek help from you guys as to whats wrong with my TV. TV is a Samsung LNT-4061F, the last few months the tv takes about five minutes to turn on and when i turn it on the screen shows the picture i posted below. I turn the tv off and turn it back on and it'll show that image again. Do that a few times and finally no more rainbow image but this time the tv clicks on and off like its trying to turn on and will eventually turn on. After playing with the tv it'll finally come on and the picture is great, just the whole problem above exists. Picture was taken with my phone in a dark room, not the best picture but can clearly see what the issue is.

If anyone knows what this problem is please let me know whats wrong with it and if its worth fixing. What would repair costs run if i do decide to get it fixed? I'm tempted to just get a new tv cause its been annoying me lately having to be in front of the tv 10 minutes in advance of a show or game i wanna watch. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The difficulty turning on may be caused by the common capacitor problem on the power board. The link below will explain the problem. Samsung is now fixing the power board on tvs out of warranty because it's such a common issue. Some people have had the board replaced and then the other problems they have with the tvs are fixed. So it's worth a call if your capacitors are defective (the link tells you how to check.)

http://www.crovean.net/samsung-lcd-tv-power-up-problem

·
Registered
926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr1020 /forum/post/19601334

Hey guys, new here and thought i'd seek help from you guys as to whats wrong with my TV. TV is a Samsung LNT-4061F, the last few months the tv takes about five minutes to turn on and when i turn it on the screen shows the picture i posted below. I turn the tv off and turn it back on and it'll show that image again. Do that a few times and finally no more rainbow image but this time the tv clicks on and off like its trying to turn on and will eventually turn on. After playing with the tv it'll finally come on and the picture is great, just the whole problem above exists. Picture was taken with my phone in a dark room, not the best picture but can clearly see what the issue is.

If anyone knows what this problem is please let me know whats wrong with it and if its worth fixing. What would repair costs run if i do decide to get it fixed? I'm tempted to just get a new tv cause its been annoying me lately having to be in front of the tv 10 minutes in advance of a show or game i wanna watch. Thanks a lot

Looks like the exact same problem I had with my 4065 about a year ago. It was 3 blown capacitors that needed to be changed. Samsung was famous for using undervalued capacitors in their set and the bad thing about it, is they would typically go out somewhere in year 2 or 3 or in other words after the factory warranty would expire. I was fortunate to have an extended warranty on mine. If yours is out of warranty I would suggest calling Samsung and try to get to a level 2 rep and explain that the problem you are having is an issue that has plagued many Samsung owners and it was because Samsung used faulty capacitors and see if they will fix it under a courtesy warranty. Be firm but polite. You can find tons of information on this issue by doing a google search. Get as much info as you can before calling Samsung.

If Samsung won't do anything then if you know someone with some good electronic soldering skills it's not a hard job and a radio shack will have replacement capacitors. Just be sure to get a bigger capacity one to replace the faulty ones with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, just got off the phone with Samsung and their gonna take care of the repair for free. Had i known they were fixing out of warranty i would of called them already. I was sure they would charge me some outrageous price to fix which is why i never even called. Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts