AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem I'm just now noticing with my SAT520.

There is a moving visual artifact on screen. It is a series of ultra thin bright lines... like slivers, roughly one inch in length about 5 total across the length of the screen. They appear to move from left to right sometimes, other times they look to be moving from right to left.

There is only one horizontal instance of these slivers on the entire screen, and it slowely works its way from the bottom to the top, and then cycles back at the bottom again. The movement speed of this occurance varies sometimes, but the left/right and bottom to top movement is relative. The faster the family of slivers move across the screen, the faster it moves from bottom to top.

It is hard to describe exactly, but it happens on both 480p and 1080i output, and even when I remove the antenna coax from the SAT520, leaving no input, just a black screen saying no signal.

When I turn off the SAT520, there are suddenly about 6 or 7 of these "families" of slivers instead of just one. It is just for a brief moment before it kills the video output to the TV.

Has anyone heard of this before? I think I've got a defective unit.

Note:

I'm using component video out on the SAT520.

TV is Philips 34PW9818

Panasonic RP-56 dvd player does not produce this in 480p mode, so it can't be the TV.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.