Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got an used 1271 (only 221 hours) for 500€, but I've a problem.

The CRT is connected to an HTPC (Radeon 9100 [email protected]).

When I see DVD I've noted that there are two white line at the bottom of the screen and on the left side.

These lines are not very visible and are outside the desktop area of the HTPC.

I've noted that these lines are also visible in test mode and also when I switch to other input channel.

Note : In test mode if I shut down all tubes, the lines are visible.

I haven't reset the CRT, but I think that there is an hardware problem.

Can you help me to find the problem (or what test can I do) ??

Thanks....

·
Registered
490 Posts
(Assuming the pj is sitting on a table, not ceiling mounted), you will always have the line on the bottom. This is the AKB(?) circuit...

Not sure on the one the left, but you can try using the blanking control in serviceman mode to mask it...

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Goofy is so right.

The bottom is AKB and well, you have to mask it either at the screen (which is common) or at the tubes somehow (far less common.) On the other hand the line on the side is pretty normal and can be blanked with the blanking function.

-Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your answer.

Using blanking control I've corrected the problem on the left, but remain the line on the top (the blanking control has not effect on that line).

Now in test mode if I shut down alla tubes remain one lines (very bright )on the top.

In normal use I can mask the bottom line, but using this solution there is the risk of burn for the tubes ??

This bottom line is normal for Sony's CRT or is a problem of AKB module ??

Thanks..

Note: The CRT is on a table.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
It's PERFECTLY NORMAL for the AKB line to be visible always. Just mask it on the screen, or stick black tap over the lines on the tube face.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Quote:
stick black tap over the lines on the tube face.
This would work only if you use the same horizontal height for all viewing. Otherwise, if you masked for sqished/anamorphic material and went back to full 4x3, you would lose part of the picture.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Yup, that's right. It may or may not be a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.