AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets me preface this post by saying the problems I'm about to detail are quite minor, so much so infact, that I hesitate to call out a Sony Tech from fear that I'll be unable to duplicate them and they'll charge me for the visit as nothing was wrong.

Now onto the problems, on the right side of the screen, starting about where the "Favorite Channel" index splits off from the screen, or where the Black Bar begins in 4:3 mode, I've recently been able to notice a band about a 1/2 inch thick, running vertically, from top to bottom. The oddest thing it, it's not a colored band, it just appears to be ever so slightly brighter than the rest of the image. Again, this would certainly go wholly unnoticed by 98% of the worlds populous, but having critiqued the image quality for a month, I've been able to pick it out on certain bright, solid colors, that are filling the entirety of the screen.

Additionally, during the first 15-30 minutes the TV's turned on, I've been able to pick out a green hue ghosting just right of the "brightness" band I detailed in the last paragraph. Once the TV's left on for about 15-30 minutes, it almost disappears entirely, but a small portion remains noticable in the upper most corner. However, right when it's just turned on, it's quite obvious as it runs down the entire right-most edge of the screen. Far as I've been able to tell, it's only noticable on pure white images, and looks more like the the picture's just a little darker than a flat out discoloration.

Alone, these two defects are nothing to write home about, and certainly aren't worth mentioning, but together, when a solid back ground image or someone's face pans fluidly from the center of the screen to the righter most side, I've been able to notice some pretty severe distortion and/or discoloration in comparison to how it looked in the center. Again, very minor and probably not something a Sony Tech will clasify as "defective", but on a $2000 30" Tube, it's not something easily overlooked or forgotten.

Any suggestions, or possible ways to remedy this problem? Any other XBR910 owners noticed similarly odd occurances?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a problem similiar to the one you are describing. On my KV-32HV600, there are faint but noticable dark bands, four or five, in the upper right quarter of the screen. My advice for you, because you only had the 30XBR910 for a month, would be to exchange it for a new one. In my opinion, the small problem you are having will always be there. So again, my solution is to exhange it for a brand new 30XBR910.

Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.