AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I can explain this properly.

I have a Sony 60xs955 that I bought about 5 years ago.

On the lower front panel, there is a light. When the set is off/standby, the light is red. When the set is on, the light is solid green. When the TV is "warming up" after I turn it on, the light is a flashing green.

Lately, while I'm watching TV, the screen will suddenly shut off and the light will start flashing green. Almost as if the TV is "warming up" again. After about 30-60 seconds, the screen comes back on and the light goes back to solid green. Then everything is fine.

This seems to be happening every 3 or 4 hours. It's not a huge deal, but it does seem to be occurring more often recently, and I want to make sure this isn't a sign of a bigger problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreb /forum/post/17039421

Just checked and my lamp has 11,645 hours. Is this a lot?

Yes that is a lot.. Certainly would be worthwhile to replace lamp. My lamp did the same thing on my old Sony, would go out and come back on. Replacing the lamp fixed it. Seems the Tech said some bulbs build up some kind of capacitance resistance, not sure if that's correct and relying on memory, but he said that causes it to act that way. New bulb fixed.

I'm certainly no expert, just sharing my experience with a Sony KDS50A2020.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreb /forum/post/17039421

Just checked and my lamp has 11,645 hours. Is this a lot?

Holy... that's record territory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.