Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 2 samples of HD-100s, and both have S video outputs that are

substantially brighter than the component outs. Using them into the same input of a Pioneer 610RPTV, the component on variable out on the Sony is darker and redder than the S on 480i output. Also does the same if I just swap cables rather than change output mode on the Sony. Tried different

input on the Pioneer and result was the same.

I can adjust the Pioneer to compensate, but still am perplexed on why this is happening. Sony (lack of) help line said to return, but tried second unit that also did this.

Any help out there?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
grellberg:

Welcome to the forum.

I have the SAT HD-100 and haven't seen this problem. I do remember reading another thread somewhere, though, where someone else mentioned it. I don't recall where it was but, if you do use the search function with HD-100 or HD100, you will probably find it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It sounds to me like the Pioneer's inputs are off (since you tried two STB's). Do you have another component source (like a DVD player) that you can try in that input to see if it is darker than the S-Video input?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dvd players I've tried (that have both outputs) have about the same brightness, so I'm pretty sure it's the Sony. But I can't imagine why

they are so radically different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.