AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run into the following situation with the LMP-H180 Replacement Lamp for the Sony Vpl-HS10/Vpl-HS20 Projectors.

I just purchased a new LMP-H180 Lamp for my VLP-HS10 Projector and it doesn't fit because the power prongs are closer together (approx 3/8")and my old lamp has prongs 1/2" apart. The part number is correct (LMP-H180) but it won't plug in. Is this a non US Standard Lamp or something? I purchased this lamp from an internet company because I could not find it on Sony's site. If I change the wires from my old lamp to this new one will it work or is it possibly a different wattage? Please advise, Thanks Rob

I also contacted Sony about this and it was a total waste of time see transscript below:

analyst Lisa_ has entered room

Lisa_>

Hi Rob. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Lisa. Please allow me a moment to review your concern.

Rob>

Hi Lisa, I just purchased a new LMP-H180 Lamp for my VLP-HS10 Projector and it doesn't fit because the power prongs are closer together (approx 3/8")and my old lamp has prongs 1/2" apart. The part number is correct (LMP-H180) but it won't plug in. Is this a non US Standard Lamp or something? I purchased this lamp from an internet company because I could not find it on Sony's site. If I change the wires from my old lamp to this new one will it work or is it possibly a different wattage? Please advise, Thanks Rob

Lisa_>

Thanks for waiting, Rob. I'll be happy to assist you with the information about the compatible lamp with this VPLHS10 projector.

Lisa_>

Thanks for explaining the issue, Rob.

Rob>

ok

Lisa_>

Rob, it is recommended to use the Lamp which you will correctly fit, if the Lamp is not fitted securely, it may cause any picture issues and also power wastages.

Rob>

Can you tell me why I have 2 lamps (my old one and this new one) with the same part numbers but they are different? does sony have different lamps made with the same number?

Lisa_>

Rob, there could be only one Lamp for this projector with one model # LMP-H180. I suggest that you contact the place of purchase to check the information regarding this.

Rob>

thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts