Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am using DTV on my computer but can't get any sound. I get the video and tv image but no sound. What could be the problem??

Thanks

Joe R.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Joe: welcome to the forum. What capture card are you using? What card have you chosen from the setup list? Does sound work in the application supplied by the manufacturer?

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
A stupid suggestion - if you're using the tuner on your capture card, did you run the audio cable from the capture card to your sound card?

That was my mistake.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and thanks for the welcome!

The caed I am using is a WInTV card from Hauppauge. The sound works fine with the wintv application and everything else just not the DTV. I choose the newest hauupauge card from the setup list.

Yes I do have the cable run from the audio card to the sound card. Anyother ideas?

Thanks

Joe R.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have the same sound card, and after I connected the cable, I got sound from the Hauppauge app, but not from dTV. By changing the sound inputs on dTV, I was able to get sound. I had to put it to something that I didn't think made sense. Oh, here it is, in my post here: http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/009596.html

I said:
Quote:
Another thing that's odd, maybe, is that from dTV, once I got sound working from the WinTV app, in order to get sound in dTV I had to select 'MSP/Radio' as the Audio input...
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.