AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am little lost and looking for help. I am trying to rip BD to a folder as a stream only. I am using WMP or Splash Player for playback of the stream. My interest is in the opera BD. I want to keep an english subtitles embodied in the stream as some kind of forced one. I have no problem with subtitles when playing the folder as a BD structure using Power dvd but it is not what I want. I have tried to remux the stream but no effect. Maybe I am looking for something that can't be done. Thank you. Happy New Year to all. Robert.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The problem may be that your playback software does not support subtitles from BDs. BD subtitles are stored in a pgs format. You may have to convert from pgs to srt and remux the stream to have forced English subtitles.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello. I think you are right. It is in pgs. How do I convert the subtitles to the other format. Robert.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Open the DB folder with TSMuxer, and demux the PGS subtitle so that it's a stand alone file named "whatever.sup". .sup is the file extension of PGS subs and demuxing (or separating streams) is the only way to extract a PSG subtitle from the blu-ray format of m2ts. Once you have your .sup file use Sup-rip to convert your PGS (which are actually pictures of words) to SRT (simple text file), you should be able to play it. I highly recommend you do your homework and learn how to store any blu-rays in MKV as it is easier overall to work with and FFDShow has been getting better at reading PGS subtitles inside of MKV's without these lengthy workarounds.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello. Thank you for reply. I am aware of the mkvs. I have only about 25 or 30 BD with opera that need to be converted. All the rest of the BDs is kept as a stream. It works for me perfectly. I can watch them on PC, BD player and WD live. If your way of forcing the subtitles will work I will be all set. Thank you. Robert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts