Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody:

Starting using sw21 switch for Dishnetwork 110 and 61.5 on Dish 6000. For last two day, it happened twice with losing the programs from 110. They came back only after using the ' check ' selection under the multidish installation menu. What did I do wrong, or have I got a defective swith?

Need help, thanks in advance!

Alex

·
Registered
156 Posts
What is your current setup as far as dishes go? Are you using a Dish 500 with a twin head or dual lnb's? Or are you using just 2 dishes to hit just 110 and 61.5?

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you did not run a check switch test once you added the switch and the 2nd dish install, that will cause the problem with losing the satellite. If you did run a check switch test initially and are still losing the 110-it's probably a bad switch. Did the switch test results show both satellites in the summary with even and odd transponders on both and say satellite reception verified? If it did, you should be good to go from here on out. If it does happen again, try replacing the switch. One other thing to check is to make sure you are not using DishPro lnb's on the dishes. They should be just grey heads without a DishPro logo. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi:

Thanks for the advice! I check twice and worked for a while! I switched the two dishes inputs and see what happen. I will try with another switch!

Alex

·
Registered
156 Posts
Normally it's not a software issue when you loose the signals. Most of the time it's related to hardware. Did you ever find out if you are using the Dish Pro heads? All you need to do is look on the back of the head-it will have a big black Dish Pro logo if it is one. If it is a regular legacy head, it will be grey w/o a logo.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Karlpoe:

I am sure its not a Dish Pro head. The reason I said it may been a software problem because I am not sure whether I actually lose the signal! Although I was not there when everytime the programs from 110 was gone, everytime after the programs were gone and I check 110 signal strength, it is OK! Everytime I did a muti-dish check, all the signal came back! Strange! I am waiting for a second SW21 from a different source and I will see whether its really is the switch! Thanks again. I will welcome any help to troubleshoot my problem!

Alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.