AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, let me start off first with a link to a post regarding my cable company and what is provided by them..

ok, well I can't link to it I guess, so I'll just quote him (you can find the post by searching for 'brambleton' here on avsforum.. I believe you can safely ignore the information about the dates, as we received word today that it is currently available.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gammans
OK, here is a little more info gleaned from last night's meeting. Jack Buckhorn (the Director of Information Systems at Gatehouse Networks) was actually at the meeting and I got a lot of clarification on several issues.
  • The test for local HDTV channels will begin in March, not February.
  • The two local channels to be initially tested were voted on at last night's meeting but the results are not available yet.
  • Gatehouse will be sending 8VSB over the existing cable for the local channels being tested, so all that you will need is an HDTV tuner to get the signal.
  • Premium HD channels (HBO, Showtime, etc.) will be offered eventually when HD service is officially rolled out (hopefully Q3 2004, in time for the 2004-05 TV/football season). These channels will be probably be 256 QAM scrambled (waiting for clarification on that point), which means that a Gatehouse-supplied box will be required for those channels.
  • Once the "version 1.0" service is rolled out, Gatehouse will be offering some sort of HD-DVR solution. (When Jack told me earlier than no HD-DVR would be offered, he meant that no DVR would be offered for the initial tests commencing in March.)
  • When the full HDTV service starts, it will be an upgrade to the basic cable package that is included with our HOA fees. Pricing and the channel lineup are TBD.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you contact Amanda Jensen, the telecom director for Brambleton, and sign up for the next Technology Club meeting. Her number is 703-542-2924.
We've been told that the two channels available right now are on 91 and 93.

ok.. so all that said, I bought a Samsung SIR-T351 today, and after hooking it up, it just sits there with 'no signal' bouncing around (coming from the STB, not the TV - a 40XBR800). Are there any settings that need to be changed in the STB? I couldn't find any that stood out.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help, I'm a complete noob with this stuff.

-j

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have you gone into the menu and done a channel search on all three of the cable choices? I just got mine yesterday and had to do that a few times before it actually took. I almost took the thing back because it wouldn't recieve any channels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.