AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up this CRT HDTV and I notice what looks two color impurity spots on the left and right side of the screen. These look pretty much the same as geomagnetic related spots you see on the corners of some CRT's but these are not in the corners but about 3 inches from the edges but near the center of the screen. One is a greenish/yellowish spot and the one on the other side is a magenta like spot, they are faint but you can see them with a bright colored (or full white screen). The spots look like they might be something with the yoke or some sort of geomagnetic problem (though again that is usually only effective when the spots are on the corners), my last though was that this might be some sort of shadow mask warpage (that would suck!) ANY help that any of you could provide would be excellent.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it has been a couple days and somehow the problem has resolved itself to the point where it is basically not even noticeable now. I guess it either needed to be degaussed into magnetic neutrality or the shadow mask needed to be heated back up to retain its original form, who knows but either way the TV looks great now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
phew, I'd be one happy camper if I were you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.