Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get it to work.

I have a Toshiba 65H80 which I'm trying to connect it to. Using the component cables connected the component input on the back of the 65H80 and up to the DST300.

I connected a Silver Sensor Antenna to Antenna In

It is set up on channel 3 on the DST3000, tuned to the proper HD input on the 65H80.

The DST powers on and I hear a click from the TV as though it has somehow connected, but no image on the set.

I tried hitting the menu key but still nothing. I know the problem is not the set because I connected my component DVD player to the same HD input and it worked fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I've been waiting for months to finally get HDTV.

thank you

·
Registered
66 Posts
frankx99

Try cycling through the different outputs. This is done with the function key (dont remember the name, but it is the second key from the left near the bottom of the remote with the blue marking)and the 8 key. You may have to press this sequence a couple of times. You may have it set up to output through the Svideo output. The channel 3 option should not be needed as this is when you hook up the unit to a TV with the RF coax out. If the component does not work, you might try hooking up the svideo just to get an output to verify the unit is putting out video.

Warren

·
Registered
66 Posts
Frankx99

Yes, it is the action key. I am out of town and could not remember the name. Actually, the action - 8 key sequence cycles the aspect ratio.

The action and input key sequence cycles from the SD outs to the HD outs on the unit.

When I first hooked mine up, it was set for the wrong output, so I had to do the action/input key sequence to get a display. I think this is on page 1-7 of the manual. Thanks for the link, I haven't had the time to find and download the pdf, so this helps.

Warren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.