AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP

By accident changed DR settings to 3 and now it's not recognising the Toshiba remote, no matter what button we press. We know that there is the possibilty to connect the remote with an IR cable to the recorder, but we don't have the cable anymore

Is there a way to change to DR1 settings without the remote or to reset the recorder to the factory settings?

Thanks a million in advance for your help!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
To set your remote up for DR-3 press the Easy Navi button on the remote. While depressing it press the 3 button on the remote. This will set the remote to DR-3. If you want to set everything back to DR-1 then go into setup. Change the machine setting back to DR-1 and repeat the process on the remote using the Easy Navi and the 1 button.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice nextoo, unfortunately it didn't work.

Like I said by pressing any button on the remote the display says DR-3 on the panel. So I cannot access onscreen menus set ups or anything because its not recognising the remote at all.

I've checked the forums before I asked the question & all I could find was somebody asked the same question in 2005,but they got no response.

Any other ideas please?

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
You need to set your remote to DR-3. It has nothing to do with changing the setting on the machine.

To do this press the Easy Navi button on the remote and while pressing the Easy Navi button press the number "3" button on the remote. It takes two fingers. Both the Easy Navi button and the number "3" button on the remote must be depressed at the same time.

This will set your remote to DR-3.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Sorry. With the XS32 you have to use the Setup button on the remote instead of the Easy Navi button.

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/dvr/prod...?model=rd-xs32

Page 48-49 of the installation manual which can be found in the link posted. Click the resources tab. The installation manual PDF can be found there. Once you download the PDF search "remote code" and it will take you to page 48. Page 49 explains how to change the code on the remote.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Great.

For some reason the remote button combination with the XS32 uses the setup button and not the Easy Navi button. This was changed to the Easy Navi button in subsequent XS series models.

Sorry about that. Always remember - manuals are your friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts