Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

About 6 weeks ago I purchased a Western Digital 200 gig drive to put in my replay. I ran the Replay Patch program and installed the new drive. Everything worked flawlessly for 5 weeks. 3 days ago I was watching a previously recorded show when it started to stutter, and then completely froze. I did a soft reboot, but it just hung at the "replay TV Please Wait...". I tried several more soft reboots and I had the same thing. Then I tried pulling the plug, waiting 20 minutes, and plugging it back in. Same thing. I then did a soft reset and the please wait screen came up, flashed, and then the second please wait screen came up and back into the regular guide. I proceeded to select several shows to download, but it didn't work. It started to studder and then it froze up on me again. I tried several more reboots but nothing happened.

I put my original 40 gig drive back in tonight and it worked without a problem.

I low level formatted the 200 gig and ran the patch program again. Slapped it back in the replay, and no go...it just hangs again. Instead of leaving it on cable select I tried it on master...still no go. The drive spins up, but the replay never loads.

I have a 120 gig drive that I'm going to try tomorrow but I really would like the 200 gig back. Is there anything here I'm missing? BTW, it passed all of Western Digitals tests without any kind of problems at all.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Registered
744 Posts
It sounds like something is amiss with the 200 gigger. If it is still under warranty, get a new one cross-shipped to you while you send back. Something similar happened to me about 2 months after my first 120gb upgrade on a Showstopper. The new drive fixed the problem.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
WD have a diagnostic program for the 200 zilla drive? I guess I could answer that I have the disks right here... Sure looks like Data Lifeguard Tools disk has a diagnostics.

Try that and see if the drive is "fine" before trying to return it.

Most curious that it seems to work ok in the PC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it works fine. I used western digitals software and scanned the disk and everything came up fine. I formatted it in NTFS and copied 120+ gigs back and forth without a problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.