AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a kind of weird problem. I bought a Vizio SV470XVT1A tv and the Vizio remote that came with the tv will only work within 5 feet of the tv. My Logitech Harmony 670 will only work within 8 feet or so. Both are out of reach from my couch.

I am pointing them at the remote sensor in case you were wondering. Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
My vizio remote has no problem working within at least 12 feet from my set. As you are having the same issue with two remotes, it looks like something is either wrong with the receiver in the tv, or, something is blocking the receiver from getting the signal.

Make sure you have removed all the protective packaging (clear plastic strips) that they use to cover the bezel of the tv. If left on this could interrupt the signal.

Might call Vizio. Their tech support is supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called vizio last night and they were no help, the guy was actually fairly rude. I suggested something might be wrong with the receiver but he said if it works at all then it works. So he told me to clean off the sensor which I did. Next he said to ensure that nothing was obstructing the the path to the tv, I explained there was nothing and he essentially said I was wrong and something HAD to be blocking the path. I explained that I'm an adult and I know how to look and see if there is something blocking the path to the sensors. So now he is blaming it on interference from other wireless devices.

I'm about to return the tv for another one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts