Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been using PowerDVD in the past and have been pretty satisfied. I finally got WinDVD 4 Plat and installed it. Looks great but I have two questions. I dont see on WinDVD that it support DTS but did have some sort of 94khz audio option which i checked so does WinDVD 4 support DTS? Also when I run it on my RCAD40W20 DVI out in 1080x480 resolution the full-screen 16:9 picture is small (proportionate but small) no matter if you change from widescreen, normal, pan&scan all on/off. Any ideas? it runs full screen on 848x480 (I have Powerstrip 3.3). I dont have this issue with PowerDVD but I wanna take time this weekend to see which player is better b/c I think WinDVD may be giving me smoother/sharper picture. I know some of you may tell me to use zoom player but i had a hard time with it (worked once and i keep playing it around until it kinda screwed up). When I have more time I will play around with Zoom player again. Thanks for any inputs/suggestions.

*Also, I just got a 120GB HDD (WD 7200RPM 8mb buffer ata100)+my original 40GB 7200rpm Maxtor ata133 2mb buffer one. I wanna start ripping DVDs onto the HDD (just personal collection) and so that dvd-drive and overall system noise will hopefully reduce. What is a good DVD rip software that is user-friendly as well.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
teaberry , keep at it!, I have the same PJ, I too use PowerDVD, I am very interested in hear what you think WinDVD Platinum looks like in comparison on this projector.

I know what other have said, but it is more important to me to hear about it from someone who has the same display device.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
WinDVD 4 does not do DTS Platinum does.I recently upgraded from WinDVD 4 to WinDVD Platinum just for DTS. But I was having trouble with the DTS staying on until I went to Setup, Audio tab, advanced button and changed the Audio Renderer from "Auto" to "Direct Sound".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.