AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I experienced certain difficulities on connecting the MalataN996 with the Sony 32XBR400 in 480p.

Originally, I have a Sony DVPS705D (1999 HK model), and I connect it to the XBR400 by the Component input. Y, Cb, Cr

The cables I used to connect the 705D and the xbr are those conventional RCA Audio/Video Cable (the best quality RCA A/V cable I can dig in my house, around 1cm in diameter), and I have no problm.

However, when I connect the Malata N996 to the XBR with progressive scan. I notice that there are some horizontal lines in the picture, it is like there is a filter with thin horizontal lines on top of the image, it is not noticeable during most of the scenes. However, it is annoying when u have a scene with strong colours, like an image on bright red, or high shadow details, which shows those horizontal lines. When I change to interlaced mode, and using the S-video, component, or composite input, those horizontal lines aren't there. (at lease not to the point of being noticed and annoying.)

I tried to use a cheap generic A/V cable (1mm in diameter??) as the component cable and connect the malata and xbr. Those horizontal lines are much more obvious.

Is there any difference between the conventional A/V cable and component video cable???

So, 1.) Is it a problem with my Malata N996?

2.) Is it the video cables that i use? Is 480P signal requiring a higher quality cable?

3.) Is it the problem of the XBR400?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.