AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, hoping you can give some advice. I have recently bought a Panasonic XP30. It's been an outstanding player, but I've run across a strange issue, that isn't present in my old Pioneer DV-343. Sometimes, I'll get a faint vertical bar running from left to right across the screen, that's most apparent with a greyish or bluish background. When the colors are bright, it can't be seen, but in dark grays or blues, it's pretty annoying. I traded my XP30 for another, and it has the same issue. This happens most prominently when I use the interlaced component outs. S-Video masks it a bit , but it's still there if I look hard enough. I don't have a progressive TV to test it on. I'm guessing it could be one of two problems:

1. Power line issues -- if the power isn't clean, then perhaps it's causing this issue... I tried to plug into a different outlet, but it was no better.

2. My video cable isn't shielded well enough perhaps? I don't have another component cable to test, but I used a 3-RCA A/V cable, and it also had the same behavior.

Any ideas as to what this may be, and any solutions? Thanks!

Ed

·
Registered
931 Posts
What display are you using? I have a Samsung 3097 and was seeing a vertical stripe with interlaced players as well. The stripe disappeared with a progressive player.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules343
What display are you using? I have a Samsung 3097 and was seeing a vertical stripe with interlaced players as well. The stripe disappeared with a progressive player.
I'm using it with a Sony KV32FS10 TV. The stripe was did not appear when I used my old Pioneer DV-343 player. Funny thing is, some time last night, it went away... only to crop back up again this morning. strange indeed....

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.