AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was experimenting with different settings on my NEC 42VP4D and Panasonic xp30. I changed the xp30 to interlaced 480i mode, and now I am unable to change it back to progressive 480p mode. I make the appropriate change in the xp30 menu and *nothing* happens. No prog out shows on the LED and the NEC confirms 480i source information. Any ideas on what's wrong here?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did you originally shut off the progressive output in the main setup menu? If so you must not only enable it there but go into the other menu system (small bar on screen that can be seen while viewing material) and turn it to 480p. Silly system IMO but that is what you have to do: enable and then turn it on and you can't do it in the same menu.

See page 20 of the user manual

·
Registered
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by quad user
That's exactly what I did! Thanks much for the reply, Grasschopper!
I edited my original post to link the panasonic user manual for the directions.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to say that while the PQ of the xp30 is great, the onscreen menu system is pure horses**t. Difficult to navigate. Unidentifiable icons. Good thing that it's not necessary to get into it much once it has been set up.

For the record, there is very little difference between 480i and 480p when displayed on the NEC.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I'm not so sure if if the XP series players is exactly like the RP-82s but I would say there isn't any issues with the menus. Most likely it takes time getting used to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.