AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my multi room audio setup. First off, here's how my system is ran.

I've got a SoundBlaster 5.1 Live series soundcard with a 1/8 in. to RCA cable going to an RCA wallplate.

The RCA cables run from the plate up through the attic to another RCA wallplate at my entertainment center.

The RCA's then run to my Yamaha receiver. From the receiver, I've got the A and B speakers running to volume control

knobs in both the bathroom and the back patio, then from there to the speakers(2 ceiling mounted speakers in

the bathroom, 2 on the back patio).

When I play the radio through the speakers, sound comes from both speakers like it should. When I try to play music

from my computer, it only comes out one speaker. This would lead me to believe it's a problem with either my soundcard

or my cables, but I can't figure out which.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Only one speaker as in R and not L, or as in A but not B?

If the former, then it's probably a cabling problem with all those connectors. Move the PC over to the receiver and try it with a single cable.

If the latter, then I have no idea. A and B are simply taps on the same amp channels. The inputs should have nothing to do with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.