AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got our new Sony 32HV600 last week and already I'm having two problems with it:

1.) A large black square will appear in the middle of the screen at random times for no apparent reason. It takes up about 2/3 of the screen and it is centered dead center. It stays there for about 10 seconds or so, then goes away on its own. (Haven't tried changing channels, or anything else to make it go away.) It doesn't affect the sound or anything else, it's a large black, blank portion of the screen for 10 seconds at random times.

2.) A sharp snapping, or popping sound occurs in the set, accompanied by a slight flash of light in a portion of the picture and a slight disruption in the overall picture. It's like a capacitor discharging, sort of.

Anyone else know of similar occurences?

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey --

I'm looking at this model as well.

did you get it fixed ? sounds like a lemon :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sometimes if a closed caption mode is on it may put up a black box on some tv's, have experience it several times w/ customers tv's just check the settings, or if there is a button on the remote. is the other problem when you turn on the set? I deal w/ sony's all the time and they are a bit loud, but they have been working with out failure, if your not sure swap it aout for a new one, Joe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ran it last night for 6 hours or so and it ran perfectly fine. Go figure. Will keep you updated.

On another topic, I set up the "Favorites" feature last night and think it's great. Hit the Favorites button on the remote and it brings up a list of 8 channels that you've programmed in and you can cycle through them in a PIP while the main image remains.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hehe... Sears is delivering an HV600 on Thursday... hmmmmmm, hope it's no 'Lemon'; never bought one of those :) . It is true though, if Caption is set to TEXT format you will get that Black Box on your Screen!

^i^Cole^i^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.