AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I should post this in the another section, but I figure I'll ask here first. I have a little problem trying to play The Eagles Hotel California DVD-A in advanced resolution stereo. It works fine in 24/96 surround mode, but when I try to play it in the 'advanced resolution' stereo mode, no sound comes out, and the time counter on my player goes fast, like it's fast-forwarding through the track. And it does this on every track, but only in stereo (24/192). Anyone else have this problem? It only seems to happen with this disk.

I'm using a Denon 3930ci player, and AVR-4806. And when I first switch to stereo mode my 4806 says 24/192, then when it should start playing the song that 'malfunction' happens with the 3930. My only guess is maybe the 3930ci can't output 24/192 properly..This is the only disk I have (to my knowledge) that has 24/192 stereo. But I've tried it through Denon-Link & the Multi-Out. So that doesn't really seem right either..Any thoughts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The first copy of Hotel California I had did the same thing on my Pioneer player. It played okay on the Samsung player I bought my sister for XMas, and the Hotel California I bought her for XMas played okay in both formats on my Pioneer. So there must have been a run of disks that had problems with the stereo track. I ended up keeping the new one.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats good news, I though for sure there was something wrong with my player. Thanks for the information. I guess I will try another copy. Does anyone know of any other 24/192 DVD-A stereo titles?

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.