AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using ReplayTV toolshell for mac and have done the chmod 755 stuff in the terminal to get all the rev binaries to work. I can convert a file to rtv easily. I can dump a file and the information appears but when I try to process I get

Adjusting input times to .ndx times, mode 1.

Unrecognized .ndx file format.

I have the .ndx file for the show (from dvarchive). What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
wish I could help... but 90% of folks own PC (and 10% of those run linux)...

I could help you with reVue... but ... thats a PC/wintel tool.

John

·
Registered
731 Posts
You're prolly better off just using the command-line tools, if the SuperCard shell is giving you trouble.

·
Registered
433 Posts
So far I have only used the Toolshell to 'Convert' shows so that I can burn them with Toast 6. When I do a convert, Toolshell creates new .ndx and.evt files. Since you mentioned that you were having problems with the .ndx files copied over with DVA, maybe try what you are doing with the 'new' .ndx files you get after converting. Just a thought.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey Paco, why do you convert the shows before Toasting them? Toast burns the as-is files for me just fine. [Just curious, is all.]

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was getting the same message from a file I was working on my Mac. Turns out the show's name was too long and had some unusual characters in it. I shortened the name in DVA via Show Properties for the show (right-click on the show and it is the bottom selection). Went back to RTV Toolshell and it saved the edited file without any problems.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by madSkeelz
Hey Paco, why do you convert the shows before Toasting them? Toast burns the as-is files for me just fine. [Just curious, is all.]

Then you are luckier than I. When I would try and drag and drop the original MPEG, Toast would give me some error about file length or something like that. Using the convert tool from the Toolshell corrected that problem for me.

What version of Toast are you using?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Paco II
What version of Toast are you using?
I'm using 6.0.3. Now that you mention, I think I tend to have better luck with Medium quality than High quality. I also rarely use Toast to burn DVDs [I do VCD for the most part].

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.