AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting this error during the installation of Windows MCE :

STOP : 0X0000007b (0XF7CXAE524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Tested by only using one RAM chip at a time. Changed controllers on my motherboard. Changed some RAID/IDE settings in the BIOS. Still no go.

Here are my components :

Gigabyte 965P-DS3 motherboard

Intel 6300 CPU

2 gigs of G.Skill DDR2 RAM

Corsair 620 watts modular power supply.

Other components don't really matter that much ; SATA HD & DVD burner.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
According to M$, the error I got has to do with the boot device not being accessible :

"STOP: 0x0000007B (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE."

This would make sense, as with my IDE DVD burner & SATA HD, the Windows installation wizard couldn't detect my HD. So I bought a SATA DVD burner as I read this was the only way to avoid this problem (no USB key or floppy drive, so those options to load the infamous F6 drivers wasn't available to me).

Now, I just get a BSOD at the same spot where I used to get the "no HD detected" error.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Windoze sometimes does not like to install on an SATA HD. There are workarounds with loading drivers and such during the early stages of installation, but I have another solution. Grab any old IDE HD, install it in your PC and then install windoze onto it. Once you have everything setup the way you want it, follow this link and download the trial version of Acronis Migrate Easy. This software will allow you to move the complete IDE HD image over to the SATA HD. Remove the IDE HD and boot from the newly imaged SATA HD. Make sure you set the BIOS to boot from the SATA HD. Put the IDE HD in a safe place and if your setup ever gets corrupted, just reimage it. You will probably have to buy Migrate Easy, but then it's worth it.

BT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.