AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (Dual DVI) as well as built-in NVIDIA HDMI output on my ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI MB. I currently have the second DVI output on the video card converted to HDMI and is hooked up to my Sony Receiver which then hooks up to my TV. I use my receiver as a switch for all my electronics outputted to a single HDMI out to my TV.

My problem is that I setup Dualview in the NVIDIA control panel and I can open Media Center on the second display and every thing works fine. That is, until I turn off my Receiver. When I do that, I hear the "USB Disconnect" sound on my speakers and the computer resets to single display mode. I then have to re-setup Dualview in the NVIDIA control panel again when I turn on my receiver. After turning it on, I hear the "USB Connect" sound but my TV display remains black until I redo the Dualview setup.

I have tried, using the Motherboard HDMI, I have tried using the UltraMon program, hooking up the cable straight to my TV and even using the "Force TV Detection" mode all resulting in the same problem. I have even set the secondary display as primary still with no luck.

Can anybody help me with this issue as I am just about ready to give up and hook up a dedicated Media Center apart from my main computer.

Thanks In Advanced,

Brian.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have the same issue. the only way i can keep dual view always on is if im connected directly to my tv but if its ran through the receiver then the receiver has to be on when i turn on the computer to have the option for dualview and i still have to enable it.

does anyone know if theres some sort of setting to force dualview no matter what? im gonna try to force tv dection setting but im not sure if that will work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar issue. The only solution I have been able to find online is to disable the plug and play service in XP, which is a deal breaker for me. I have ready about similar issues with KVM switches and vga connections, the solution then was a hardware mod to pin 9 or 12. Cant find any mods for dvi or hdmi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts