Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am having a lot of problems with my HDTV receiver (Toshiba 3000) and my three sat dish. I originally had a Terk 2 Sat dish and I decided I wanted to upgrade to HDTV. So I bought a Sat C kit from Circuit City. I installed the kit and tried the HD receiver. I try to use the auto conig in the installation menu and it only picks it up as a 2 sat dish. So I try to set it manually to a 3 sat dish and everything seems ok. But when I check the satellite strength, I am getting an 80+ signal on A and C, but nothing on B. So I go back up and make sure everything is hooked up right. This time, I do an autoconfig and it comes up as a 2 sat. I check the signals on A and B and they are fine. Also, it was defaulting to C when I checked the signal and they was also showing up in the 80+ range. I then put it back to 3 sat dish and again no B. I have replaced the whole satc kit, all the cables, and the multiswitch and I still have the same problem. I doubt it is the receiver because I also have a Tivo and it has the same problems. Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Seems, if it shows a 2 satellite config, it is probably giving

you straight info. When you set it manually, and it shows 3 dish set up, can you receive channel 99 on satellite c, the informational channel. It should be in blue with white Directv logo. If it does not show this on channel 99, you are not 'on' satellite at 110 degrees. Adjust your c dish until it picks up satellite c and you see the informational channel on channel 99. When it does show this, you are on the satellite at 110 degrees. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the weird thing. When I have it set to 2 sat, I can still see the 110 when I select 2 dish setup. But when I go check each transponder, it shows up as A and B and has all the proper transponders for A and B.

Thanks for the help,

Ed

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
smigs..

Question.. Do youn get a Directv logo with a blue background on channel 99? If not, you are not on Satellite C. The information for Satellite C comes from another satellite by the way. You may appear to be on Satellite C but you are not if you do not get the information channel on 99. Also, you could call Directv and see if the HD channels can be activated. Channel 79, by the way, is HDNET and comes from another Satellite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.