AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a week or so since I got this marvelous TV, but I still haven't been able to get the DVI connection from my TWC Pace HD Box to work properly. The only time I can even get a picture from it is when I unplug the Pace box for >30 sec. and then plug it back in immediately. I get a great picture through the DVI connection, but as soon as I turn the TV off or switch the input to something else, returning to the DVI input gives me an "unsupported signal" or "signal not found" error message. I even got a "Your TV does not support HDCP - Please use the component video connections" message once, and it would utterly shocked that my new $3500 TV is not be HDCP-compatible.

Has anyone else experienced any issues like these?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have HLN467 hooked to TW Pace 550HD via DVI-D sl cable (since September) I have never experienced your problem. I suggest that you make sure you have the right cable DVI-D or DVI-I. Then disconnedt the DVI cable at the box and at the set and unplug the power to your Pace. Then reverse ends on the DVI cable and rehook it up and then repower your Pace. If this doesn't fix your problem you must have a bad PACE. It is TW's problem--could even be signal strength--Pace seems to be more sensitive to this than SA. Good luck--Tom

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have a second-hand suggestion (someone else posted a similar problem in another forum, he had the Pace box, but a Sony TV).

Anyhow, it's worth a shot: He found that by turning the TV on first, then turning on the Pace box, his DVI connection worked. He had problems like yours whenever he tried to leave the cable box on all the time.

This probably won't solve your problem of losing the DVI when you switch to another input and back though. I have that problem now with my Samsung HD931 DVD player connected by DVI to my Samsung HLN467. If I switch to component 3 and back, DVI is gone. I have to power cycle the DVD player. VERY f***ing annoying.

I don't think manufacturers have all the kinks worked out of this HDCP yet.

Good luck,

Sooke

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quote:
I have to power cycle the DVD player. VERY f***ing annoying.
Nothing a little macro can't take care of. I guess I never experience these problems because my macros turn off the input device I am leaving and turn on the input device I'm going to.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ddsmith
Nothing a little macro can't take care of. I guess I never experience these problems because my macros turn off the input device I am leaving and turn on the input device I'm going to.
A macro would work except when I'm pausing a movie and then switching inputs. The macro won't navigate back to the scene I was on.

Sooke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.