AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mitsubishi 55" HDTV (model number WS-55809) that I bought at the end of 2001. About two weeks ago, I was watching TV and the picture bowed from the bottom, and the color became distorted, with everything having a "blue shadow". This lasted for about a day or two and then the picture returned to normal. A couple days after that, the TV does not even turn on. The green power light goes on for a second and I can hear the screen make the "power on" sound, but a second later, the light goess off on its own and there is no picture.

I checked all the cables, the Direct TV receiver, etc and the problem is with the TV. I would like to avoid having to get a new TV as this one isn't that old and I'm not looking forward to spending any more money on a new TV right now. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

I tried to get Circuit City, where I bought the TV to look at it, but they want nothing to do with it, saying I would have to send it back to the manufacturer for repair. If that's the case, I would rather spend the money on a new unit as thats not going to be cheap. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
In my uneducated opinion, it sounds like an issue with the power supply. This is not something that you can fix yourself.

Call Mitsubishi and see if they have any authorized repair centers in your area. Their service number is (800)656-3005.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the number. I found an authorized dealer in my area, I'm just waiting for them to get back to me when they can look at it.

Do you think the picture bowing is also related to the power supply? I was afraid that was the tube or the bulb, which I've heard are not always cheap fixes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.