AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having several problems recording, encoding and archiving TV shows with my accessDTV.

1. There is at least 1-2 points during each 30 minute episode where the signal cuts out for a second. When I extract the TS and use DVD2AVI to extract the WAV and try to encode it with VirtualDubMod or TMPEGENC, I always have issues of audio sync. It seems that the small dropouts cause drops in the audio recording without drops in the video recording. So, the audio is always a second or so apart from the video after these errors. Any solutions? I can't simply adjust the frame rate because the sync is fine at the beginning and gets worse as the video goes on.

2. I was able to record to a single large ADTV file before, but now it records to multiple smaller (~260 MB) ADTV files which leaves me with ~18 random ADTV episodes per 30 minutes. How do I go back?

3. Is there any way to get rid of the two black bars on the side for regular 4:3 DTV?

4. I seem to have a problem with HDTV2MPEG2. I find that sometimes I can't extract the TS without the progress bar locking at a certain percentage. It seems to happen at points where the video transitions from an excluded segment and an included segment or vice versa. Sometimes it happens at 7% and sometimes at 99%. It doesn't always happen either.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What version of HDTV2MPEG2 are you using?

I have seen very different behavior between the 1.08, 1.09 and 1.10 versions. the 1.10 version has the best editing commands, but it seems to hang often. The 1.09 version seems to work correctly most of the time.

2. I have only seen my ADTV card record using the multiple 260meg files with the stupid names. I then had to use the ADTV tape manager to make them into one large transport file.

Have you seen this link:
http://www.patjames.com/hdtvtowmv.htm

It is a great write up on how to do it right!

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.