AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just installed a Profile AP600 car amp to power so Polk DB 6x9 speakers. I ran 4 awg Stinger power wire, ground, remote power on wire, and the rca cables. I'm not getting any power to the amp at all, no lights on the amp come on. I tried another amp and it does the same thing. I made sure every wire was tightened down good. I spliced the remote power wire to the blue wires on the stereo harness, double check that its still connected. All the fuses look good. The amp has 2 20s and the fuse block at the battery is 40. Any ideas? ground is attached to one of the rear bolts that hold the seat down its 8awg. Any ideas or suggestions please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
First off run the same size ground as you do power.(4g. in your case)

Next, verify you are getting power through your power wire. DMM(Digital MultiMeter) preferably.

If you are getting power, you can jumper a small wire from the remote terminal to your B+ terminal. If your ground is good and your power is functioning you should have lights and sound.

If that is the case and it won't turn on with your deck, try the blue/white line from the deck. (Blue=amp turn on, blue/white=Power antenna.) both will display the same effect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts