AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting my home theater system all set up. I have a Samsung TXR2678WH and a yamaha HTR-5860 receiver. Everything syncs up nicely when playing audio from my replaytv or xbox through the receiver and video through the receiver or directly to the tv. The problem stems from when i'm watching live hdtv content (with the built in tuner). The audio and picture are horribly out of sync when audio is outputted through the digital optical output, while when the sound is through the internal speakers, everything is synced properly. This is horrible because you want to listen to you hdtv shows in surround sound.

I'm having a hard time figuring out of the sound is fast or slow, but i generally think that the audio is delayed BEHIND the tv (ie adjusting the delay on the receiver won't help). Plus, everything else is in sync so delaying it will mess other things up.

Anyone have any experience with this on this TV or another Samsung? I've tried poking around the internet in the usual places and couldn't find anything about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.