AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Channel Plus 3015 modulator, distribution box. I am inputting the composite output of my Tivo into the box to modulate it onto a vacant channel. I am also sending my cable signal through the unit.

The standard cable signals look fine, but the modulated signal from the Tivo has interference lines, herringbone, in it. If I disconnect the cable, the modulated signal looks fine.

I added a Channel Plus low pass filter, but it didn't seem to help.

I've tried modulating on various channels, 108, 120, 124, but they all look bad if the cable is also connected (filtered or not) and look fine if I disconnect the cable and just have the modulated output.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
This is becoming more and more of an issue as the cable providers fill up the available bandwidth that these modulators are able to access. There's probably nothing wrong with the modulator...

One alternative, which I'm using in a similar setup with TiVo(s) is to abandon the cable channels and only modulate the TiVo(s). If you need more simultaneous viewing capability, add a modulated digital cable box to the mix (I think your model is a 3105, which is only a single-source, though).

Hope that helps, not the best news I know...

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts