I agree the thread is way too long, it could take hours to search. The answers are in the first 15 pages above in the official thread. I programed the mute button to unmute the boxe instead of the TV. Here is how
1) Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote.
2) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3) Enter 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice
4) Press (don't hold) the "Setup" button
5) Enter 00141 (the code for mute)
6) Press whatever button you want to map the mute function to.
You can also add the 30 sec skip code 00173 to any button if your remote doesnt have it