AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The channels in the 1000's that DISH is required to provide...you know, the one's no one ever watches? It seems that they still have some issues. When I go to some of them I get a black screen, and then the PVR locks up so that any channel gets a black screen, necessitating a reboot of my Replay to fix it. I remember having issues with them when they first came on line similar to this. What's up with this? Anyone have this experience?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I haven't run across that problem with either my 2020 or 4040 (call me a geek, I'm a sucker for the UW Computer Science Colloquium Series), but I have occasionally had "mistunes" on these that result in getting the Info channel (100) instead.

Probably a dumb question, but are you sure the problem is the Replay, not the DISH receiver? To test this, tune the Replay to an OTA channel and see if it tunes correctly, or bypass the Replay and see if the receiver is the one putting out the black signal.

If it is the Replay, I would think possibly a corrupted channel guide database or a memory issue. This isn't from experience, just a semi-educated of a programmer. Others may have suggestions for fixing this without blasting the setup completely with 777-Zones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.